Connecting with the Rock Art Dating team online
We received a number of questions prior to the event as well as during the webinar – not all of which could be answered in the allocated time.
- In the five years of research what has been revealed?
- Do you think you are going to find art as old as the rock art in Europe?
- Are there recent technological changes improving diagnostics?
- Does the scientific data confirm dating from Aboriginal oral stories?
- We understand it’s easy to date the European rock art cave paintings in France and Spain. Why can’t we do that in Australia? Is it the pigment?
Introduction to the new Chairs - Film
We are currently working on a short film introduction to the new Chairs – Prof Rachel Popelka-Filcoff, Kimberley Foundation Minderoo Chair of Archaeological Science at The University of Melbourne, and Prof Joakim Goldhahn, Kimberley Foundation Ian Potter Chair in Rock Art at the University of Western Australia. They both happen to be caught in Adelaide due to border restrictions, but this constraint has a silver lining…. they meet weekly and collaborate on their research vision and plans. We hope to share these with you as soon as we can.
New Communication System
Some of you may have missed the zoom webinar link sent to you for our recent event. We have recently adopted a new donor management system and our communication may be coming to you in a different format. To ensure that our emails are not delivered to your junk folders please add email@example.com to your address book.